Functionality exists so that the team, management, and the project customer are constantly sharing information about what has been done, what is planned to be done today, and what blockers exist in moving toward the customer’s goals.
Standup refers to both the employee and the project. Accordingly, you need to enter an employee and a project in the system, add this employee to the project’s SoW, and customize it.
How the feature works
Flow is organized straightforwardly:
- The team submits standups, and they are put into the general communication channel.
- The bot reminds you to submit a standup.
- Standups are accumulated in the database.
How can you send a standup?
- Send a message to the channel by tagging the bot.
- Starting a dialog in the bot’s PM in dialog mode
The format is standardized and implies 2 mandatory blocks – “yesterday” and “today.”
- What I did yesterday
- What I plan to do today
- What good things happened
The bot triggers the format – bold, colons, and other special characters. We need to logically divide standup into blocks (each section of standup is written in its cell in the database); for this, we need a criterion – the format of headers to be uniform.
Why? A user can write:
- Today is a beautiful day, and I plan to attend the meeting.
- I also got a request for a meeting today.
To break into blocks, we run into a parsing problem – what “today” do we need to take as the start of the block and put it into the database?
Today – it can be bold, non-bold, semicolon – it doesn’t matter. The main thing is that the other block should be in the same formatting as the first block encountered.
The bot will inform you of this error if you write “separating” words in different formatting.
- Point 1
- Point 2
- Point 1
- Point 2
Ability to customize the feature
The functionality allows you to flexibly customize the flow of standup delivery, even if all your projects are in the same Slack Workspace but in different channels.
How exactly can you customize:
- A channel in which standups are accumulated and received
- Standup deadline for the whole team
- Custom standup time for certain people in the team
Additional standup features
- The bot asks “were the goals met yesterday?”
- Beautifully designed message
Functional, when the bot asks if goals were achieved yesterday, allows you to automatically bring people back to a mindset where it’s critical to achieve goals and analyze why it failed yesterday.
Further work with standups
- Standups tab in Project report
- Standups section
Standups have a link to the standup message in the front end. You can follow it and start communication in the reply to the message (in the thread).
Also, if you need to find information from the past, you have the option to filter and search.
The team does not need to go beyond the perimeter of the usual messenger. Enji implements the standup functionality through chatbots, which are available for Slack, Telegram, and Chatwork.
If you are a Program Manager/CTO and you have multiple teams/projects, there will no longer be a need to waste your time on status meetings when you have to get together for a call and waste not only your time, but also the team’s time – there are read standups from all projects in a single interface.